The other day I realized that I have never written an article highlighting Sydney Colson. And I have to apologize to my readers. Because Sydney Colson is it. She's got all the humor, vision and heart to be anyone's favorite player.
Some things to know about Sydney:
- She's a point guard who brings defense and energy on the court (she was #2 in steal percentage in the league in 2019)
- She's coached too - acting as video coordinator at her alma mater Texas A&M and an assistant coach at Rice for two years.
- She serves on the WNBA's social justice council
- She tested positive for COVID-19 before the 2020 season and lost her sense of taste and smell.
- She created the Lady Aces chant
- She joined the Chicago Sky for the 2020 season
Those who have been following Sydney are unsurprised, as she's consistently the funniest online presence. A retrospective of my favorite videos she has made is below:
On Social Distancing:
On Getting Into Those Jeans:
On Corny Men:
Sydney is such a delight the WNBA gave her her own "60 Seconds with Syd" segment. If she doesn't make you love the WNBA, I don't know what will: